Applying for Graduate Study
The admissions process is highly competitive. Prospective students are strongly encouraged to review the prospective student information and to familiarize themselves with our faculty. We welcome applications from individuals whose academic interests match our expertise.
- The application deadline for Fall 2020 admissions has passed.
Prospective MA and PhD students must complete two separate applications:
1) UH Mānoa Graduate Division
- Prospective students must complete the online application as provided by Graduate Division.
- Transcripts (unofficial accepted) are required by Graduate Division.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores are required (international students only) by Graduate Division.
- There is an application fee.
- All questions concerning the application and associated requirements should be directed to Graduate Division.
Do not upload Letters of Recommendation to Graduate Division (see section 2).
Important Application Note
Under Planned Course of Study, applicants should select the level they intend to enter the program:
- Psychology-MA, or
Only Clinical Respecialization Program applicants should select Clinical Psychology -Graduate Cert
Applicants should ignore both Neurosciences Specialization options.
2) Department of Psychology
- Prospective students must complete the Graduate Program Supplemental Information Form as provided by the Department of Psychology.
- Three academic references must complete the Letter of Recommendation Form.
- Applicants are required to take the GRE general test and submit their scores to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. The Educational Testing Service [ETS] code for the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa is 4867.
- The GRE Psychology subject test is not required.
- Applicants to the Clinical Respecialization program are not required to submit GRE scores.
- All questions concerning the application and associated requirements should be directed to email@example.com.
Graduate Program Admissions Timeline
- December 1 - Deadline for all application materials.
- Mid-February to early March - Applicants notified of an admission decision. In some cases, an applicant may be wait-listed, in which case final notification of acceptance or denial may not occur until early April.
- April 15 - Deadline for applicants to accept or reject the admission.